It’s 2020 folks and it’s time for a new way forward. I’m not sure what that means for Spilling My Beans, but I do know that things are going to change. This is certain.
With that in mind, let’s just get right into it!
I have a decent quantity of boardgames in my possession. Some of them I get to the table quite a bit, some not so much. Thanks to some inspiration from my partner I’m going to try to get some of those games I don’t play back in action!
Here’s how it’s going to work –
I have a table of games I own (and would like to play more) and I’ve broken them down into sections. To get one of these tasty boxes to the table to play I’m going to get someone I know to roll a d10 (D10 dice for those that aren’t sure that that means), and that will determine the section and I will roll the appropriate die for that section to see what game I’m going to play.
Some rules for me:
- I must play a game that I’ve either not learned or haven’t gotten to play in a long while first from the section I rolled.
- I can choose to play the game solo if the game has that mode.
- I cannot avoid games I’ve designated to learn/play in the section rolled.
- When I’m done for 2020 I’m going to decide on keeping any games I didn’t get to play. (likely the ones I didn’t will get sold to someone else who will love it more than I do)
- After each one of these plays I will write up my thoughts on the game while trying not to be a typical game reviewer in my posts.
There will be other games I’ll play this year that won’t be part of this specific list, and I may post about them as well, but it means I’m not stuck ONLY playing these games this year in case there’s one that particularly puts me in a grump (which can happen once in a while, I’ve been told!)
That’s it – and I hope it’s as simple as it sounds. 🙂
Now off to roll the dice!
What do you have planned for fun?